RE: Outlook web mail

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:18:13 -0500

Well, I've found out that it depends on the version of outlook web
access being used (which in turn depends on the version of the exchange
server).

Outlook web access for exchange 5.5 worked fine for me.  Then they
upgraded us to outlook web access for exchange 2000 and it's completely
inaccessible.

I've found some tech support documents which seem to say that MS is
aware of this problem and that it is fixed in outlook web
access/exchange 2003, which we should be upgrading to soon.

As someone else has pointed out, if you're on a LAN, there's no reason
to use OWA at all, you would find it faster and more convenient to use
Outlook talking directly to the exchange server.  If you're having to
access your email over a WAN or the internet however, your employer may
indeed force you to use outlook web access, which as someone else
mentioned is slow and cumbersome at best when it works, which isn't
always.

Hth,

Chip

=20