Outlook Express folder display corfluffle

  • From: "Dennis Kicz" <puffnstuff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:26:29 -0500

    Good  afternoon David:

As requested here is what I found with respect to  what and where my .dbx
files/folders for my Outlook Express program are:
        DBX FILES:

1. Able Computers.dbx
2. All things Alicia.dbx
3. Buying bargoons.dbx
4. cleanup.log.dbx
5. Deleted Items.dbx
6. Dimes of the March kind.dbx
7. Drafts.dbx
8. Employment possibilities.dbx
9. Exquisites.dbx
10. Folders.dbx
11. General computer info and other Gratuitous crap.dbx
12. Graphical paraphernalia.dbx
13. Hi fidelity info.dbx
14. Inbox.dbx
15. JAWS ramblings.dbx
16. K Barnes.dbx
17. Kurzweil Krap.dbx
18. March of Dimes.dbx
19. Notifications & reminders.dbx
20. Offline.dbx
21. Outbox.dbx
22. Poetic justice.dbx
23. Pop3uidl.dbx
24. Quirky joculairity.dbx
25. Ramadamadingdongs.dbx
26. Sent Items.dbx
27. Technical  paraphernalia.dbx
28. UNIQUE LITERARY CRAP.dbx
29. Victor reader.dbx
30. Winamp & any audio related doohickeys.dbx
31. Yah bah dah ba doo crap.dbx
32. Zahra.dbx

Note: All of the above dbx folders were found under the folowing directory:
c:/My Computer/Maxtor LOCAL DRIVE (c)/Documents and Settings/Local
settings/dennis/Application Data/Identities/
{23CABD40-179E-42A2-A72B-626674132C36}/Microsoft/Outlook Express

Now, when I  open up my Outlook Express program I find the following
files/folders:

0. Outlook Express
1. Local Folders
2.  In Box
3. Out Box
4. Sent Items
5. Deleted Items
6. Drafts
7. General computer info and other Gratuitous crap
8. Buying Bargoons
9. Dimes of the March kind
10. Exquisites
11. JAWS Ramblings
12. K Barnes
13. March of Dimes
14. Notifications & reminders
15. Technical  paraphernalia
16. Quirky joculairity
 17. Winamp & any audio related doohickeys

The above 18 folders are found under the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\dennis\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{23CABD40-179E-42A2-A72B-626674132C36}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\Inbox.dbx

where the last sub-folder of "Inbox.dbx"  is general in  nature and pertains
to the "In box" ffolder in my Outlook Express program and if I were looking
under the "Sent items" folder  in my Outlook Express program you would
instead find "Sent Items.dbx".
 Well, that's it for now..you know where to find me if you have any theories
and/or flashes of brilliance regarding how to get a listing of all of my
Outlook Express folders when I am using the program.

Cheerio,
Dennis