Re: Outlook Express and Hotmail

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:48:54 -0500

I don't know if this has any bearing on your problem or not, but I've
experienced this problem on a number of occasions when the Hotmail mail
account came alphabetically in the list of email accounts prior to other
accounts.  You can see what order your accounts are checked in by looking at
the order of mail accounts in the mail tab of the Accounts dialog.  I know
this has some effect as to the order accounts are checked in because I've
gone in there and renamed accounts just to see what happened, and it did
change the pecking order, so to speak.  My name, starting with g for my
regular account came alphabetically before Hotmail, which starts with h, but
when I added some other accounts that came after h Hotmail began causing all
manner of problems; when I altered the other account names to come prior to
h the problem went away.  However, I can see why putting the Hotmail account
under another identity would also solve this problem; sometimes that may be
a better choice than trying to name accounts a certain way to change their
order.
-Greg Epley