OE and Deleting Messages

  • From: "Joe Orozco" <jsorozco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:32:16 -0600

Hi Allison,

Tom has it right about deleting those delete.dbx files.  Another method is
to simply rename them to "delete.old."  You need not restart your computer,
and when you do in fact restart Outlook Express, the program will
automatically replace the file.

But somethng tells me it's not that you have corrupt files.  Just last week
I fixed a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I cannot for the life of
me remember the steps I took, but it was definitely hiding in the View menu
off the Menu Bar.  For starters, go to View, arrow down to Layout, uncheck
the box that says, "show all messages."  See if that takes care of it, and
if not, see me off-list.  I know there's a way to solve your problem, and
once fixed, there's no more worrying about it.

     Regards,
     Joe Orozco

"If they fear you, they will respect you. If they love you, they might
respect you. But if they don't fear you, they'll never love you or respect
you and they don't have to!"--Richard Nixon