Re: New Ad-Aware version?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 05:34:55 -0700

Two people on another mailing list I'm subscribed to did download and
install the new version of AdAware.One of them reports having no trouble
using it with a screen reader, but after reading the report of the other
person I'm led to wonder why the first person said this.the second person
reports that the interface has changed considerably and that the scripts
from the JFW Lite Programs page aren't of much use any more at most stages
of the scan and quarantine process.  They said they had to hunt around and
use the Jaws cursor and the right mouse click button for procedures that had
just required tabbing among labeled buttons and using hotkey combinations
like Control M and control N.

that report was enough to deter me from accepting the invitation to upgrade
that appeared when I launched version 1.5 and did the Web update prior to
running the scan.  I'm not a great fan of fumbling around with the Jaws
cursor and the right mouse key.  So I declined the invitation to upgrade and
again just used my current version, which caught one spyware object
remaining after a week of running Spyware Blaster.

I intend to wait until someone writes Jaws scripts for this new version,
which I hope will happened sooner than later.

Daniel