My Adobe Reader 6.02 doesn't see e-mail attachments.

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:00:04 -0400

When I received this Thinkpad with XP Pro it had Adobe 5.5 installed by =
the vendor however when ever it came up it announced no screen reader =
support. I uninstalled 5.5 and I downloaded 6.02 and installed it, it =
reads .PDF files if open directly with Jaws however when I have an =
attachment in Outlook Express I get the announcement that Adobe reader =
is needed to read this file and Install Shield comes up wanting to =
install 5.5. I don't know where it is finding 5.5, I can't find it but =
more to the point, I would prefer it to recognize 6.02.

I went into control panel and Add Remove Programmes and invited it to =
repair 6.02 which it assured me it did but still, when I ask to open a =
.PDF attachment it wants to install 5.5.

Is there a known solution to this? Is there any way to get a version of =
Windows to serve the user as a computer is intended?

Thanks.