Mute update

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:04:07 +0100

 Dear list not long ago my dell desktop muted and I was stuck,I had had a power
cut just before and it happened at same time,  Kind list members sent in lots
of help and I have saved it all. however today I had a visitor,who noted the
Dell 7 keyboard was replaced by a keyboard that is Microsoft. The engineer who
was helping me set up technical things,did not like the dell keyboard,he said
the numberlock stuck and cursor keys did not respond,so he ordered a new
keyboard it is a Microsoft keyboard,and I put the keyboard that came with
windows 7 dell onto my laptop, I do that for ease of use around house. the
visitor noted on the Microsoft keyboard at top is a mute key! It is in a place
it could easily be tapped by mistake, , One listmember it was not David or
chris,but a Jaws user who had muted his own computer and had to get a sighted
person in to help him get sound back. Many thanks to that person,for I now can
simply  tap a button to bring back sound. I have all the instructions however
in case my laptop mutes .Incidentally the Dell keyboard has no problems such as
those the engineer found it had on the Dell    when used with old xp laptopSo
do look at your keyboards just to see if at top of keyboard you have sucha key
Dorothy