Re: Lost in the amazon.com

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:30:55 -0600

Hi Alan

I spoke to someone who called them, and aparently they're doing some kind of major site update and they did admit that a few things might be broken during the process. I think what's probably happening is that JAWS is loading the site into the virtual buffer, but for some reason it's not being displayed correctly. So when we click on a link we expect to do one thing, it actually sends us somewhere else. I'll keep an eye on it, and if it's not fixed by Monday I will definitely call them and try to see if I can't get to the bottom of this. I would urge others having the problem to call as well, so they'll know it's not just one isolated incident.
Big companies listen and take things a little more seriously if a whole bunch of people call attention to a problem. and it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways...don't let your frustration get the best of you. If we call up ready to be all angry and combative, they'll be less likely to help, or to suggest something.
I just hope they can take care of this site update, if it really is that, very soon.

At 04:17 AM 11/6/2005, you wrote:
Hello listers,

I have also experienced problems with amazon.com in the past couple of days. Using JFW 7.0, I did a search on amazon for a book, which it found, but when I clicked on the book title link, I was sent to a page which contained nothing about the book.

Thinking the problem might be caused by JFW 7, i switched to JFW 5.10, and went back to amazon and repeated my book search. I got the same results...amazon found the book, but clicking on the link sent me off to a page which contained nothing about the book. I think amazon.com is lost in the real Amazon.

Alan --