Re: Latin voice for JAWS required

  • From: Marijan Janev <janevm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:36:11 +0200

Hi,
I know it sounds very robotic, but espeak has a Latin and it's useful and usable. Just type in la in the one of the edit fields during the instalation and it's ready to use.
Good luck.

Carol Howieson said the following on 26.10.2010. 11:59:
Hi,
Does anyone know of a SAPI5 Latin speech sythesiser.
One of our students who uses JAWS is 4 weeks into 20 week Latin course. We need a Latin voice for JAWS and I've been told that there isn't one but that JAWS will work with a SAPI 5 speech sythesiser for Latin. Does anyone know of one?
Hope you can help,.
Carol
Carol Howieson
Assistive Technology Manager (Learning Services)
Disability Service, Rm4.41 Graham Hills Building
Tel: 0141 548 3402
Fax: 0141 548 2441
Minicom: 0141 548 4739
email: carol.howieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:carol.howieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
*The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263*