Re: Laptop or classic laptop keyboard?

  • From: chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:53:05 +0000

Hi Fran. I would tend to lean towards using the laptop layout. I'm not sure I
would want the alt as my jaws key in the classic laptop layout. Also when you
hae to route your jaws to pc, and your insert key is not in a good place you
can use the caps lock plus the key to the right of the p key to route the jaws
to pc. Also does your laptop have what is called a function key? I am not
talking about the f keys. You may need sighted help for this because even if
you use the Jaws help mode it will not say the function key. The reason I ask
is because you can use this function key with different letter keys to perferm
certain things. For example: function key plus the semicolon key is your pc
cursor. So when you are on the internet and you turn on the forms mode you can
press the function key plus the semicolon key to turn off forms mode. Function
key plus the p key is your jaws cursor. Hope this helps.