Laptop Question for Jaws

  • From: "Daniel McGee" <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:25:45 -0000

Hello everyone, how are you? I have a question reguarding using a Laptop with
Jaws. Basically with Jaws on a main desktop computer, I use the num Pad to type
in numbers. But I was cureious weather this can be done on a Laptop. I have
heard of a key called the "FM" Key on a laptop and on one of my other list that
I am subscribe to somebody said using a key with the "FN" Key and hitting one
of the keys like L, K and  J. I'm not up on the laptop commands and would
basicly like to know if there is a way to simulate the num pad on a laptop like
using a Desktop I do use the numbers above the letters but find it some what
fustrating at times when I hit a wrong letter. I'm just cureious. Oh and one
more thing, could someone tell me where I can find the FM Key? I am totally
Blind and telling me to look for a coulor would be pointless. lol Have a good
day! but hear its coming to an end. lol

Daniel