Keeping the task bar on top-to check or not?

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:11:35 -0800

This is not the beginning of a great play but simply a question directed to
David Poleman.
David, when I go to task bar and start menues in control pannel, I had the
item,
"keep the task bar on top of other menues" checked.
As you suggested, I unchecked this item but when I did I experienced the
following problem:
After leaving an application I was in limboland and had each time to alt-tab or
minimize all aps to get back to the desktop.
Now, when checking the item "keep the task bar on top", etc, I return
immediately to the desktop after closing any application.
It would appear that leaving this item checked provides improved functionality
so I am wondering why it is recommended to have this item unchecked.