Re: Jfw 5.0844 & the letter "s" keystroke when searching new eb pages

  • From: "Tusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:49:07 -0500

Hi, all,
having discussed this with a few others, one  might ask why we don't  have
the usefullness of the "s" with this version of JAWS that we  have with 4.5
1?
One really  huge reason for  prefering  to read unfamiliar  web pages with
4.5 1.
To try this  out, find any shopping page  like
Circuit City and find a catagory like new CDs,  recent  releases for  movies
or  DVDs and try  using the "s"  and try to stay on only the  linksfor  the
*titles*  or names *only*.
One may find  oneself  landing   everywhere else.
this  is why one needs suppression of blank lines as reading  unfamiliar
pages requires the old-fashioned down arrow to get to every title that is
passed by via the "s".
thanks to all.