RE: Jaws-friendly E-learning authoring software

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 18:19:38 -0500

Hello, Elizabeth,

Thanks for responding.  I've been messing about with Moodle as well but,
it's primarily a learning management system not an authoring tool.  Moodle
is what you upload your courses to and use for tracking people's progress,
running reports on grades, trends, and such.  I'll try the other tool you
mentioned.  I'm still tinkering with the Lectora package since it seems the
best of a bad lot right now.  Going to be trying something called Atlantic
Content Create or something like that next.  Let's see how that goes.  This
is really concerning.  So far, this means that if you are a talented
trainer, you can't go work for, say, the CDC or somewhere else that uses
e-learning courses a lot because no one seems to have made it so you can
create the content unless you are sighted.  Everything is geared toward
sighted people creating accessible content.  It's disturbing since it seems
to be quite the rage right now.

Thanks.
Alex