Re: Jaws with iTunes and Last.fm

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 23:00:48 +0000

Hi Keith, oh what a shame. My girlfriend received an Ipod Shuffle for Christmas, and, from what I've read, it's more accessible than the Nano. Yes, Itunes is required, but only for the part where you enable disk mode; after that you can use the shuffle as if it was a removable device. Now back on topic, the best thing to do is to go to www.rockbox.org and check their list of compatible players. Also, there are scripts for Itunes, but you have to pay for them. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help, but my advice for now is to ask whoever bought you the Nano to take it back to the shops and either refund or exchange it to a shuffle. Good luck.

At 16:20 25/12/2007, you wrote:
Hi,

My family got me an IPOD Nano for Christmas.  I don't want to open it
yet because I heard a while back that the Itunes interface is not all
that accessible.  Is that still the case?  I am using JAWS 6.2.

Is anyone using the Rockbox software on the IPOD Nano successfully?  I
am wondering if JAWS works well with the Rockbox Software interface
better than with Itunes.

Then there is the IPOD itself.  Is it easy to use with the IPOD or
Rockbox software?

Appreciate any help,

Merry Christmas!

Keith

From: "J. Black" <underconstruction1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jaws with iTunes and Last.fm
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:31:30 -0600

I remembered, itunes itself turned me onto a company who sells the files

which created a good user interface between jaws and itunes. I wonder
first
if anyones knows who this is?

secondly, the new zunes suck. nice, neat, but its all graphical now. No
longer is it usable for a user blind. I bet, this company sells the
similar
files for zunes?

I did remember, they were expensive, around $80 for the files. but they
created a comfortable interface with jaws.

zune needs that now.

any help?

Julian