Jaws speaking AVG email scanner message while composing a message

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:25:32 -0800

This is weird. Just now, as I was composing a message asking George for help
with the Explorer Bar in Windows Explorer, an AVG message about the AVG
email scanner kept intruding just where I was typing, and I had a hell of a
lot of trouble figuring out how to complete the message and hope that it
wouldn't be full of chopped-up wording from this AVG message.

Does anyone know what's up with that? Is this a notification from AVG to
show that its scanner is checking the message you're composing, a message
meant to reassure you, and that if you could see it, you'd see that it
actually isn't in the way of your typing, but that it's grabbing the Jaws
focus in some way and confusing you?

Thanks.

It doesn't seem to be happening as I type this message. Maybe it's just a
notice that cycles on now and then as AVG does its work, at various
intervals?