Jaws says select when selecting blank lines with shift-down arrow

  • From: Troy Burnham <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:31:27 -0500

Hi All,
Maybe this isn't how it was supposed to work but in previous versions of
Jaws when selecting text with the shift-down arrow when a blank line was
selected Jaws stayed silent and it only said selected when selecting a line
with text on it.  Now with Jaws 5.1 though it says selected even when a
blank line is selected, is there a way that I can keep it from doing
that?  In my job as a medical transcriptionist I sometimes have to select
several lines for deletion and there are blank lines included in that and
the selection process seems to go much faster if Jaws doesn't say anything
when selecting the blank lines and only speaks when selecting lines with text.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Troy