Jaws delay on Oe 2003

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Discussion List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:37:38 -0700

Hello,

The problem is that while using outlook express, after sending and receiving
emails, the first email that I try to open, forward, reply to, or anything that
requires it to open takes about 5 seconds for jaws to give feedback. After that
initial stutter all emails open immediately.

 This stuttering also happens while going thru multiple emails. Although this
problem is mostly intermittent. I will listen to one email and when done press
the delete key. Then most times immediately another opens. Once in a while the
system appears to hang and may take 10+ seconds for the next email to open. Or
many seconds for jaws to stated deleted and then many seconds for it to start
reading the next email. But like I said this is just an intermittent problem.
The problem of the first email opening is pretty consistent.

I know all my display settings are correct.

I am using jaws 7.1 on an xp pro system and  outlook express 2003. I have also
tried this with jaws 8 and it still reacts the same.

any suggestions to fix this problem?

rich Sherman