Re: Jaws, and windows XP settings--screen rotation

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:05:56 -0500

Mike,

Maybe your wife could just stand on her head to read the screen???

I don't know how the rotation gets changed, but it has happened around here too. There's a way to fix it in control panel that I don't remember. So listen up! this way is a stinker, but it works.

1.  Minimize all apps on the desktop (Windows key-m)
2.  Invoke the JAWS cursor.
3.  Find a blank place on the screen.
4. Right mouse click. This gives you a menu beginning with the usual Arrange Icons.
5.  Arrow past graphics properties to graphics options.
6.  Right arrow to open the submenu to Rotation.
7.  Right arrow again for the submenu of how to rotate and choose normal.
8.  Enter.

Since JAWS can read the up-side-down screen, the only way I know to know if it's fixed without asking eyes is to go back to that menu and see if normal is now checked.

Good luck!

Ann

At 12:27 PM 6/13/2009, you wrote:
Hi folks My wife tells me that I have an upside down screen on my monitor. I changed some settings to optimize my windows XP system for jaws, and may have changed something by accident. Has anyone ever dealt with an upside down screen view? What did I change, that I should not have changed?

Alternative archives located at: