Re: Jaws and aim triton

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:57:23 -0400

I don't know, but it doesn't work with 7.1.  And as they are planning the
final release soon, I am not sure when or if they plan to add support for
triton.  I recently was helping someone with aim and foolishly just grabbed
the latest version of the web which was triton.  When you go to install it,
it specifically says it doesn't work with screen readers such as Jaws and
Window Eyes.  And it didn't.  I mean I didn't really even try chatting, I
was just testing the notification of sign in and out, and Jaws didn't do
that with triton.  There may have been something I could change in the
triton settings, but I just uninstalled it.  And boy the extra garbage it
installs along with it!  I still have programs and toolbars to uninstall.
Debbie