Jaws and Naturally Speaking

  • From: "david h carter" <dhcarter1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:11:10 -0400

Does anyone have any experience with using Dragon Naturally Speaking with
Jaws? I'm aware of the program J-say, but, frankly, voice to text conversion
is probably not worth an additional $345 to me.

I tried Naturally Speaking way back when, I think it was version 3, and I
was using Artic as my screen reader. As I remember, the biggest hassle was
dealing with the dialog boxes used for teaching. As long as training
Naturally Speaking is possible, using Jaws alone, I would like to give
Naturally speaking another chance.

Thanks,

David Carter

P.S. Thanks to the dude for the pointer on using the application key to get
synonyms in MS Word 2003. I use the applications key regularly, but I forget
to experiment with it at times.