RE: Jaws Dump?

  • From: "Alex Stone" <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:02:32 -0000

To answer both Boris's and Judith's questions.  The jaws dump command only
exists in version 8.  What it does is to create a memory dump for FS to
troubleshoot problems with Jaws crashing.  A side effect of this, is that it
ends all existing jaws processes, which sometimes doesn't happen when jaws
crashes.  This then quite often allows jaws to restart after crashing
without a reboot.  The keystroke for this is jaws+windows+f4, this is with
the desktop keyboard layout. I've just discovered while trying to find out
what the keystroke is in laptop mode, htat if you go into training mode with
insert+1 and then hit insert+windows+f4, it still kills jaws, oh well.
Cheers.
Alex