Re: Jaws 9 & Vista

  • From: "Roy Nickelson" <roylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:37:39 -0400

make sure the window is maximized.
Roy

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nancy Shugart
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 10:18 PM
  Subject: Jaws 9 & Vista

  I'm sorry to ask still another question but...

  I am having quite a bit of trouble with this new Dell laptop that has Vista
Home Premium.
  I'm using Jaws home version 9.
  Just downloaded the latest version 9 today.

  I had called Freedom Scientific's tech support and explained the problem I
was having with Jaws version 8.
  The only advice he had for me was to download the latest version 9 which I
did.
  Now a different problem has begun.

  When typing an email, I arrow up to read a line I just typed and Jaws reads
it to me.
  But when I arrow back down, there should be a blank line there but instead
Jaws reads the same line again to me.
  If I arrow up several times, it reads several lines twice before reading a
different line.

  When it should tell me there's a blank line, it instead reads text that
shouldn't be there.
  And my guess is that text really isn't there.  But for some reason, Jaws is
reading text.

  Any ideas?

  One more question, a friend told me that pro version of Jaws is more stable
with Vista than home version.  Is there any truth to this?

  Thanks for all your time and help.

  Nancy

  "Courage is the capacity to hear what others say is impossible and believe
you are the one to make it happen." -Nancy Shugart
  Prove them wrong and succeed anyway.  Visit...
  http://www.provethemwrong.com