Jaws 6 & Braille display issue

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:42:49 -0600

Hi,
I posted to the list a few days ago about this problem, but got no answer.
I am going to try again, and include the information from technical support.
Please let me know if you are seeing this, too.
,
I have installed Jaws 6 on my computer running Windows 98 se.  Everything
has been running smoothly, with the exception of my Alva 340 Braille
display.

I am experiencing a lag time of 4 or 5 seconds before information appears on
the display.  This is the first time I have seen this behavior.

Example:  I want to bring focus to the desktop.  I press windows key + m.
The display does not show any text for several seconds.

I have tried this with speech and Braille, and Braille only, and it makes no
difference.

FS support tells me they have new drivers from Alva for Jaws 6.

They suggested doing a repair on Jaws, which I did.  No good.

The display is connected via the parallel port.

Technical Support told me they had not seen it before.

Thanks.
Crystal