Jaws 11

  • From: Kamal Haffar <haffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:55:19 -0400

Hi all:

In my opinion it is unfortunate that FS did not release this update as a 10.x version. I know that FS have included some nice fixes/updates and some new features but i personally don't see anything that can be considered a major break through in screen reading technology here. The research It feature for example, although it is a very handy feature, however, I don't consider this to be a screen reading technology feature. Also the distribution of the daisy player software is a nice touch but it does not improve on Jaws and in any case many of us are using daisy player to listen to books and so on. I am a loyal customer of FS product and have used Jaws since version 2.0 and have been since paying for upgrades and SMAS. i certainly saw so much changes between one release and another earlier on in the Jaws development. This is only meant as a constructive criticism and not to slam FS.

Cheers,

Alternative archives located at: