Jabber, reading conversation while sending tips?

  • From: Bill Tipton <billtipton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:26:40 -0800

                 Hi,

  Does anyone use Jabber? I just started to use it and could use any tips
that would make it easier to use with Jaws 5.10. I am using Jabber 2.7.6.4.
One question I had is how can you switch between the area you type the
messages and the area where you can read the responses quickly and read the
conversation in progress relatively quickly? It would be nice to bounce
back to the edit box to send a response and bounce back again to read the
reply quickly.

So far it looks like this will be the hardest part about chatting with
multiple people at the same time, or even one person until I get the hang
of it.

Does anyone have any scripts for Jabber that will make it easier? We use
Jabber at work, so I think I have to use this IM program?

Thanks for any tips around this.

Have a great day.

           Bill