JFW some general questions

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:09:17 -0700

Hello:

I have a number of questions that may or may not be version specific. Any help
with these would be very much appreciated.

1. How does one use the settings packager? I know, someone is going to say, go
to the help file. been there, done that. when I go into setting packager all I
see are what JAWS refers to as "personalized web settings." However, Freedom
Scientific specifically states that you can create a zip file with all your
personal JAWS settings and share them with another computer. where are these
settings? how do I export them when I only see the personalized web settings???
2. is there any way of making a temperary setting (in the verbosity dialog) set
throughout for your whole computer? for example, maybe I am at someone's
computer who has their typing echo set to words, and I want it turned off all
together. so, I do insert+2, but this only effects the application I am working
in, and as soon as I lose focus from that application I am back to the
previously defined setting. Although this particular example isn't in the
verbosity dialog anything within there would do the same thing.

Patricia