Re: JFW scripts for Skype Beta

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:09:36 -0500

In a word, sorta. <grin>  There are beta Skype scripts for the Skype
2.0 beta, but as the author of the changes to them, I can say with
confidence, if that's the right word, that there are still a few
problems with them--problems which I hope to address in the next
couple of days.

The place to watch for and get the most up-to-date scripts for Skype
2.0 is the beta section of Chris Nestrud's web site, which is

http://www.panix.com/~ccn/projects/jfw/skype.php

Unfortunately, until Chris manages to find time to update his site,
the best scripts for Skype 1.x are not there.  Until then, they can be
found at

http://www.dlee.org/jfw-skr205.zip

For anyone who routinely downloads beta script releases for Skype from
Chris's site, I should point out, as I did in a rather major
announcement last week, that Skype script revisions 205, 206, 207, and
all revisions 200 and under are meant for Skype 1.x, and that any
other revision is for Skype 2.0.  The scripts are splitting for
various reasons I described elsewhere, but basically it allows us to
support each Skype version better by letting us significantly simplify
new code.

As an aside, I should mention that I rarely have time to read this
list, but I am subscribed and have routed all messages from this list
that mention Skype in the subject line to my main inbox so I'll notice
them pretty immediately.  If anyone notices that I rarely post here
about non-Skype-related matters, this is why. <grin>  Also, I update
people regularly on Skype-related issues, and JAWS script for Skype
issues in particular, on the SkypeEnglish mailing list, where a lot
of blind Skype users can be found.  The mailing address of that list
is SkypeEnglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  That is not, I repeat, not, the
subscription address, but is the address to which to send messages
once you are subscribed.

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:44:44PM -0800, Roden wrote:

   Hi all!

   The new version of Skype has been release.  Since, I download the new
   version, and I think, JAWS does not read the contact list.  I think, I
   need to update the scripts for JFW.  Would there be any updated
   scripts for JAWS?

   Regards,

   Roden
   [1]d_zalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx