JFW and Mozilla Firefox v0.8

  • From: Pranav Lal <nomad42@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw-freelists.org" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:05:14 +0530

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross posting.

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox v0.8 and ran it along with JFW v5.00.809.
OS=Windows 2000 professional all updates applied.

1. I can tab from link to link. JFW reads the links ok.

2. I need to use the jaws cursor to read the text.

3. The options dialog is accessible except a few buttons that seem to have
no label.

I could not get the Internet explorer kind of accessibility features like
moving from heading to heading etc since there is no virtual cursor support
but the basic functionality is all there. No crashes and I found the
browser to be fast and the popup blocking feature handy.
Note:
Unlike in Internet explorer, ctrl+o is used to open a file. You need to use
the menu item called "new tab" to open a page. When you choose the "new
tab" menu item, you will be placed in a combo box where you can either
select the url or type the url. Finally, to access any kind of
documentation, you will have to be online since as far as I can tell
Mozilla does not install any of its documentation on the user's hard disk.

        Pranav