Re: JAWS & wide screens

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:16:22 -0800

Hi and I do have some sight and due to the constant sitting at my
computer for over 15 years at about one foot away my doctor says that he
thinks that the radiation from my older style monitor helped the
continueing damage to my sight. So He told me to get rid of it and go to
a monitor that does not put out radiation. I did the research, actually
calling the experts, the techs at the factories and the so called
designers,  and there are no monitors that do not put out some radiation.
 Some worse than others, even the new ones no matter what they tell you.
However, I did discover that the large screen projection TV screens that
work on a tiny bulb barely produce any radition at all. The only problem
was that the smallest one I could find was 42" inches. I It was rather
expensive for me but put it on a payment plan and still got another year
to go. It has done the job very well.  It cost me about $1400  but they
are much less now. It is a Panasonicprojection screen. It does take up a
lot of room but there seems to be no real conflict with using any
standard programs such as word 2003, IE, Juno Email, Magic or jaws 8. You
might have to adjust the settings a little but have someone do that for
you.    I use both Jaws and Magic. The only thing is that when you want
to change the settings in the monitor there is no speach with it. But if
you set it once as you so use it it will stay that way. But you can
change it to Vedio or to TV using the click remote but you got to learn
which buttons do what? I don't use it for anything other than my com work
and writing and I don't get any radiation or hard eye strain like I use
to.   It was about $1400! but as I said, I've heard themn advertised for
half that price now.
Hope the best
MMM

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 04:16:35 -0500 "ptusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Hi,
> About 95% of laptops now come with the
> wide screen configuration which is more rectangular and less square
> than a
> traditional older desktop monitor.
>
> I wonder how the use of the wide screen with its higher resolution
> affects
> with
> JAWS and how it affects use of MAGIC  or any enlarging programs or
> joint
> usage.
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> line.
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
> list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
> list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!