Re: JAWS professional and Hotkey for IE

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:03:13 -0600

Hi

I've changed the subject line so that it much better reflects the questions
being asked.  A subject line such as "questions", isn't very descriptive of
what the questions actually are, so having a descriptive subject line is
always really helpful.  Ok, onto the answers as best as I can give them:

At 02:16 PM 3/29/2005, you wrote:
>Can the JAWS professional be installed on an xp home window?
If you're going to be using XP home, it's always best to use JAWS standard.
IF you then upgrade to xp pro later on, you can then upgrade to JAWS pro.
It'll cost you a lot of money though.

>  And also, how do I create a hot key for internet explorer 6.0? I've
> tried going in to the property's menue, but couldn't find it anywhere.
> I've also used the applications key, but still no such luck.

HOw I do it is go to the start menu, then programs, and then to the
Internet xplorer option.  You may hear Internet explorer sub menu, but
press i again and you'll hear internet explorer.
   When you hear this, press your applications key and then press enter on
properties.  Go to the shortcut tab and press your hotkey in the hotkey
field, JAWS will say, "shortcut key hot key, none. so press your hotkey in
there and then press ok and you're good to go.