Re: JAWS not reading tables in Word

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:34:36 -0500

Your JAWS does not think that you are in a table.  If you really are
not, be sure you move to the appropriate place to define the row and
column titles and then set the titles for that location.

Cher

>>> "DJ" <grouloc@xxxxxxxxx> 6/5/2008 5:41 PM >>>

My brain is not working today.  I have forgotten how to make JAWS
announce tables while in Word 2003.  Here are current JAWS verbosity
settings.  JAWS 9-latest build.

Tables
Table Detection - On
Description - On
Defined Bookmark Table Column and Row Titles Override - Off
Table Titles Announce - Both Row and Column
Column Titles Row Set - Not in a Table
Row Titles Column Set - Not in a Table

I’m not being told when I enter or exit a table, nor am I hearing row,
column, or cell information while moving around in the table.

Thanks for your help, everyone.