JAWS and OE - help needed

  • From: Joan Cummings <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:08:26 -0300

Hi:

I am using JAWS 6 (or 7) and Outlook Express 6+ for my e-mail. I also use JAWS with the Eudora 7 e-mail client.

In Eudora, when I am arrowing down through my e-mail messages, JAWS announces after the sender, subject date etc. where I am in my messages and how many I have altogether (eg., 2 of 7, or 12 of 54 or whatever). I always know where I am in my message list and how many I have yet to go.

In Outlook Express JAWS doesn't announce the message number in the downloaded list when I arrow down. So I don't know where I am in my messages or how many I have to go. A sighted friend says that when he uses my JAWS but uses the mouse to select a message it does announce the info I want. Since I can't use a mouse, is there a way I could make JAWS announce the message number in the list when I am arrowing down so I'll know where I am and how many messages I have yet to go?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Joan Cummings
cummings@xxxxxxxxxxx