Re: JAWS Tutorials

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:47:51 -0800

Ray,

It isn't clear what you mean by "tutorials," I just realized. I took you to
mean the basic instructions for how to use Jaws, across various popular
applications and of course in relation to the Windows operating system. That
is what's offered in the training that's free and comes with Jaws, as I said
earlier. It's the current version of the set of very instructive audio
cassette tapes that I received along with my very first edition of Jaws, and
which I used as self-teaching with great success, spending the time
necessary to go through eadhch and every lesson, follow the instructions for
performing this action and that one, learning all the Jaws and Windows key
commands for all the various situations, and, well, it was an excellent
orientation to the program, a real course of home learning. I am sure that'
just the same spirit as the Jaws training materials I mentioned that are now
provided with the Jaws installation CD, and played not with a tape player
but with a type of audio program called Daisy, which Jaws has ready to go so
you can play these files and take the lessons in them.

Still, others are recommending outside sources of instruction, some free,
some inexpensive, some more costly, and I am no longer clear what it is the
person wants. I can only testify for the quality and effectiveness of the
Jaws training materials that Freedom Scientific itself supplies, in case it
isn't clear that this is a really serious, professional training program to
learn to use Jaws. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough.

Best of luck.