JAWS 7 and Terminal Services in Windows

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:39:07 -0600

Hi.

I am working with a client who has a potential job available to her.
She would be working for a recruiting company at home, making follow-up
calls to clients.

She will, in all likelihood, need to use terminal services in windows to
access the software for the company she is working for.  What this means
is she would log in to a terminal server somewhere and have a desktop
running on that server with JAWS running on her home machine.

The client is using JAWS 7.0.  What I am wondering is does anyone use
terminal services in windows with JAWS 7?  If so, how difficult is it to
use?  The client would be working in an environment where she will need
to work with multiple windows.  Is anyone else doing this in terminal
services?  Can working in terminal services be done using windows and
JAWS keyboard shortcuts or do you need to use the JAWS cursor a lot?
Did you have to write any special scripts for the application(s) you are
working with in terminal services?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Assistive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-666-1331, Ext. 3540
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx