JAWS 6.20 and Braille in Adobe Reader 7

  • From: "Velmu" <vebazu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:16:58 +0300

Hi all,

In Adobe Reader 7, when pressing a braille routing buttons, nothing happens, yet in the Keyboard Help mode JAWS announces the functions of these buttons. The Technical Support Assistant of Freedom Scientific claimed that this is due to unsupported braille display. However, I have found no other situation where the routing buttons did not work. I reported FS support on this, but the answer was, "please contact suggestions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". Sounds like they are saying, "please wait for the new version and pay for it". :(

Am I alone with this problem?

Velmu