Is JFW11 slowing down MSSE scans?

  • From: Alan Clendinen <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:33:57 -0400

Hello listers,

I've been using MS Security Essentials on my Windows 7  HP laptop, with JFW
11. I've noticed that doing a deep scan with MSEE is steadily taking more
time. The latest deep level scan took a whopping 7 hours!

My hard drive used space is only about 47 gb, and back when I was using AVG,
it never took more than 45 minutes to do a scan. MSSE, by contrast never
took less than 3 hours, and the scan time has steadily increased to this
ridiculously long scan time.

I'm wondering if JAWS 11 may be causing MSEE to run this slowly, or is there
some other reason? Do any of you who are using MSSE on a Windows 7 with JFW
11 see deep scans taking 6 hours or more?

Alan