Re: Interesting jfw situation

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:30:26 -0700

I use standby mode all the time. It works for me 90 per cent of the time.
When it does not, I may try loading Jaws using my hot key--Control-insert-J.
OR:
I will click on my personal profile then Minimize the desktop--windows key-M
and
by this time it usually starts talking.
In fact, I can only recall once in the past 15 months when I actually had to
restart the computer when in standby.
I used to find when my wife was using her profile without actually turning the
computer off--i.e. logging off my profile then logging on to hers that when I
logged back onto mine that Jaws would often lose focus.
I have found that unloading Jaws and reloading with the hot key has so far
always resolved this issue for me.