Info I got From Symantec

  • From: "Wes Derby" <wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:46:30 -0800

Hi, All.

Just reading through list archives (I've had to set my subscription to
"vacation mode" because there's just too much mail on a daily basis).  Anyhow,
I didn't know about Norton 2007's accessibility issues before I bought it.
I've always used Symantec's products (except AntiVirus Professional Edition)
without a problem.  So, upon seeing the inaccessibility of this latest version,
I wrote an email to their customer support and tech support departments.  Below
is the response to what I wrote, and I figured I'd share it with all of you.
There's a "feedback" link in there, so feel free to visit that, and those who
have Norton Internet Security or SystemWorks 2007, let them know what we want
them to do.  Unfortunately, they don't include my original message, but
essentially, I explained that their product is not useable with a screenreader,
and let them know it was a big disappointment, considering (from my point of
view) how great the 2005 Norton products worked.

On a sidenote, I've recently begun writing articles at a great site called
Associated Content, and have written a Norton 2007 product review (as well as a
few other articles about computers/internet from a blind perspective), and
those should be published this week sometime...Just waiting on their payment
offers so I can accept them.  You can click the link to my Content Provider
page, found in my signature file right before Symantec's message.

---- Check out my articles at Associated Content. Subscribe, and receive an
email every time I publish an article. Are you interested in a more healthy,
environmentally friendly home? Interested in a potential home-based business
with no selling involved? Click Here for more information. Visit Designs By
Derby for scrapbooks, custom greeting cards, and much more. Mylot.com; A Great
New Online Community