ILM and demo PCs

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:09:50 +0200

Hi list,

Sorry if this question was previously asked and answered but, since I'll =
soon be upgraded from jaws 3.7 to jaws 6.0, I'd like to know if the new =
ILM authorization scheme will imply many modifications in the way I'm =
currently working.

I'm currently using jaws on my regular desktop. Therefore, with the =
quella scheme I'm using right now, I still have four keys on my floppy =
and one on my regular desktop's hard disk. In fact, since I had a total =
hard disk crash on my desktop, there are only three remaining keys on my =
floppy. I've definitely lost one. But my real problem is not here since =
I still got three keys.

Then, I sometimes need to install pieces of software of my own on extra =
PCs in order to demonstrate them. When I need such a demo PC, I simply =
install jaws on it, then put an authorization key and it works for me. =
The demo may last several days, or a few weeks and, when I'm finished =
with it, I move the authorization key back from the demo PC to my =
original floppy, uninstall jaws and the PC may be used again. The only =
thing to remain on the demo PC when I leave it is the piece of software =
I demonstrated in order for others to use it in their real work.

With the new ILM mechanism, I know I'll definitely be able to register =
one of those demo PCs but when I'll be finished with demonstrating my =
own software, shall I be able to "unregister" the demo PC.

In other words, does the ILM mechanism allow one to borrow a PC for a =
few weeks, use jaws on it, and finally remove the authorization key from =
its disk before bringing it back to its owner like I did with quella =
scheme?

Another question: What happens if my regular desktop's hard disk =
crashes?
Many thanks in advance for any reply. Have a nice day. Chris