RE: ILM

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:33:57 -0600

Hi. How it works is, your authorization number is stored in your windows
registry.  This is so you can uninstall JAWS 6 and not have to re-authorize
it.  The only time I think you would ever have to re-authorize is if you
made some changes to your system, like adding a new hard drive and other
real serious hardware changes.
  I'm not sure if your 100 digit license code is also kept in the registry
but I would guess it is since in order to check and see it would have to go
out on the net every time you wanted to start JAWS. so I have a feeling
that it's there too. But I believe that's how the whole thing works.