IE8 RSS and slow Jaws 11

  • From: "Robert Logue" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 08:54:59 -0700

Have you noticed that Jaws seems to hang on some rss feeds?  Some of my
favourite feeds take a while to load.  In the mean time, Jaws appears to hang.
My test is to press the numlock key.  Jaws won't say a thing till the darn rss
feed has finished loading.  Sometimes takes 20 seconds or more.  I can't alt
tab or do anything till then.

Here is the worst feed:
http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml

While researching this.  I found out some web pages can cause IE8 to spike cpu
usage over 60%.  Microsoft is aware of this but hasn't offered a patch.

Another symptom is that my cpu fan on my laptop would always run when loading
some rss feeds and some pages.

Bob