RE: I need some help!

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:22:09 -0700

1. find out how to get the specific version of JAWS I am using. =20
Ok press jaws key j.
This will do one of two things.
If you have jaws on the task bar then the jaws window will open.=20
If this is the case press alt+h and then the letter a.
This will open the about dialog witch jaws will read to you.  If you
want to be able to review this information press jaws key control w.
This will put the window in a verchual buffer for you.
Ok now after you have read the information if you put it in a verchual
buffer you will need to press escape and then press enter other wise
just press enter.
Now the other thing that might happen is that you might have jaws
running from the system tray witch is not the default wish is was lol.
If this is the case then all you have to do to get the about dialog is
press the letter a.  This will also open the about dialog where you do
the same thing with it as describe above.=20
2. How to set-up JAWS to speak in words rather than in letters.=20
Well it depends on how you want to do this and where. =20
To change the jaws echo setting temperarly press jaws key pluss 2. =20
To change it for the default all the way across the board press jaws key
6. =20
Ow press control shift d.  This will open your default configuration
file.  Note if you only want to change this setting for the active
program then skip the above step=20
Now press alt+s=20
This will open the set options menu.
Now press the letter u.  This will open the user options dialog.=20
Now press tab once
Arrow to word press enter.
Press alt+f4=20
Press the letter y and there you go. =20

3. What are the key stroke combination to get Excel to announce the
names of columns when you are under a new column? =20
Ok the following information was taken dirctly from jaws help.  To
access jaws help for your running program press jaws key f1 twice
quickly. =20
I think the following commands will help you out though so I put them
here in there intierty .

Description

Command

Informational Keystrokes for Columns
=A0

List cells in current column

CTRL+SHIFT+C

Read column total

INSERT+NUM PAD ENTER

Say column title

ALT+SHIFT+C

Set column titles to row

ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+C

Set current column to the column containing row totals

CTRL+INSERT+ENTER

Informational Keystrokes for Rows
=A0

List cells in current row

CTRL+SHIFT+R

Read row total

INSERT+DELETE

Say row title

ALT+SHIFT+R

Set row titles to column

ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+R

Set current row to the row containing column totals

CTRL+INSERT+DELETE

Miscellaneous Informational Keystrokes
=A0

Describe cell border

ALT+SHIFT+B

Lists cells at page break

CTRL+SHIFT+B

List cells with comments

CTRL+SHIFT+APOSTROPHE

Read cell comment

ALT+SHIFT+=92 (APOSTROPHE)

List Visible cells with data

CTRL+SHIFT+D

List defined monitor cells

CTRL+SHIFT+M

List worksheets

CTRL+SHIFT+S

Say range of cells visible in active window

ALT+SHIFT+V

Read hyperlink

ALT+SHIFT+H

Report gridline status

ALT+SHIFT+G

Say active cell coordinates

INSERT+C

Say excel version (Excel 95 only)

CTRL+SHIFT+V

Say contents of focus rectangle

INSERT+N

Say cell font and attributes

INSERT+F

Say formula

CTRL+F2

Read spelling error and suggestion

INSERT+F7

Navigation Keystrokes
=A0

Move to prior screen in spreadsheet

ALT+PAGE UP

Move to next screen in spreadsheet

ALT+PAGE DOWN

Next Sheet

CTRL+PAGE DOWN

Prior Sheet

CTRL+PAGE UP

Move down to the edge of current data region

CTRL+DOWN ARROW

Move up to the edge of current data region

CTRL+UP ARROW

Move left to the edge of current data region

CTRL+LEFT ARROW

Move right to the edge of current data region

CTRL+RIGHT ARROW

Selection Keystrokes
=A0

Select column