Re: How do I silence jaws saying punctuation mark, the inside quote mark?

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:22:45 -0500

Hi Harry,

Well, if you want to silence Jaws punctuation in Word only, here's how you
can do it.
I write my instructions out clearly because I never know how well the person
asking the question knows their way around Jaws.

So, here we go...
1. while you are in your word program, hit insert 6 on the number row,  for
the configuration manager.
2. If you want these settings to apply to the whole computer, hit control,
shift D. other wize, skip this part.
3. Now press the alt key, then down arrow, then right arrow. it should say
user options...
4. Up arrow to synthesizer options and hit enter.
5. The first thing you should hear is, eloquence for Jaws punctuation
combo box.
    There are 4 choices here.  find the one that says none, and hit enter.
6. Alt F4 out of that and tell it, yes, save the changes.  This should take
care of your problem.   Jack