Helping Inexperienced List Members

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:00:24 -0600 (CST)

I was wondering if there's anyone out there who would be interested in
helping new and inexperienced list members "learn the ropes", as it were.
I'm talking about offering one-on-one assistance to people who maybe have
trouble understanding how digests work and how to respond to them,
learning what is or what isn't an inappropriate subject line or topic in
general, or maybe proper quoting techniques - gasically mailing list 101.
I'd need one or a few people who respect the list guidelines (you don't
have to agree with them, but you need to advocate their enforcement), be
nonconfrontational (we're not dealing with troublemakers here, just people
who need a little learning), and who are familiar with mailing list
basics.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me privately at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews