Help! Losing speech on my banking site...

  • From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 04:30:07 -0500

Hey, Guys!

Okay, we all know that there has been a problem with this whole losing speech thing, which I believe I heard was a conflict with some sites using ClickBank, or something like that... sorry, the memory is a bit fuzzy at 4:15 in the morning!

Well, I was getting around this, by using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, however, last weekend, I developed a similar problem, or at least, one that I believe to be related. When trying to log into my banking site (local bank, not national), Firefox opens a new window, but announces that there are no links, and I cannot read the page... I do, indeed, have speech, but cannot navigate, even with the Jaws curser turned on. I cannot log in, so as you might imagine, this will create a few anxious moments with the bills this month! <smile>

Admittedly, I have not been out to take a fresh look at the Freedom Scientific Website, so perhaps that is in order in a few minutes. In the meantime, do any of you have this problem? Any solutions?

I am using Jaws 7.0, and Windows XP Home. My system is a Pentium 4, 3 GHz 512 Meg system, that is less than one year old. I believe I have IE version 6, and of course, Firefox updates more often than I change socks, so who knows that story?

If you respond quickly, I will pay you 5 times as much as it cost you to join this group for workable answers. <smile> Thanks in advance!

Billy