Hello Mike, Out Look Express 7

  • From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 18:31:14 -0500

Dear Mike,
I will be honest with you, I am not sure I notice any major differences.

A few little things, for example when you want to go to a folder you created,
even if that folder is a subfolder, under another folder, if you type the first
letter  of that folder name when you press Control Y which is the short cut key
to take you to a folder, it goes there.

That was a surprise for me.

In Outlook Express 6, I would have to go to the Main Folder first.

There fore, I make sure all my folders start with a different letter even if
they are related in some way.

For example I have a folder of moves in a Chess Game with a person in Europe,
and although I have this sub folder under Chess Games Folder, I have his first
name "Philip"  as the sub folder name and when I hit the Control Y short cut
key,  plus "P" (without the quotes of course) it takes me to that "Philip
Folder, even though it is under Chess Games Folder.

Also, I just notice the Outlook Express seems faster for some reason.

Perhaps some one else can answer your question, because I really could go on
with little hardly important things that seemed improved, but there must be
some big changes that perhaps I do not use or I am not aware of.

Oh yes, like when you want to Delete a folder, it only asks you once!
It does give you a warning message "Are you sure you want to delete this folder
and all it's contents?"

But OutLook Express 6 used to ask me this twice. I mean, I would answer yes,
and hit Enter, and the Folder was still there.
So then it would ask me the same thing when I hit delete again, but added
something to the effect "This action cannot be undone".

Little things like that!

But they add up I suppose!
They have made it faster to use!

With Best Regards,