Re: Header Bar

  • From: "Bill Gallik" <wfgallik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:31:55 -0600

Lilian,

I suspect that the "Header Bar" is referred to as the "Outlook Bar" in the
"Layout" dialog box.  To get rid of this, from the main Outlook Express
display open the View menu (<ALT>+V), find the menu item labeled "Layout . .
." and select that item.  You will be placed in a dialog box where various
attributes of the Outlook Express display can be turned off or on, there are
several "Bar" items and I have only the "Tool Bar" and Status Bar" items
checked and the remaining of these "Bar" attributes "not checked."  There
are other interesting settings in this dialog that you can experiment with,
the "Contacts" attribute will list the entries from your address book; when
navigating in the main Outlook Express display the <TAB> will move you from
the "Contacts" list to the folder list and then into the message list of the
selected folder and back to the "Contacts" list.
Bill Gallik
E-Mail: wfgallik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson