RE: HJ Auth with Win 2000

  • From: "Carolyn Barker" <barkerb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:10:05 -0400

Carl,

I just installed JAWS 5.0.844 on a new Windows 2000 workstation at my
office. It was running Mcafee, and I did not disable the anti-virus. =
JAWS
crunched on the diskette for 20-25 minutes before it stopped, and the =
key
was successfully installed. This has been my experience on a couple of
workstations in the past year, the diskette grinds and grinds (Windows =
NT
and 2000), and in somewhere under half an hour, it finally has what it
wants. I have never bothered to disable the anti-virus, and at one =
customer
location, I absolutely cannot disable the anti-virus (don't know which
product it is). I have never lost a key from installing with anti-virus
present. I run Norton at home on Windows 2000, and have never had an
authorization problem. Perhaps you just didn't wait long enough?

Good luck.

Carolyn