Re: Fw: Win 2000 Pro versus XP Pro with JFW

  • From: "Stephen Clower" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:34:09 -0600

As far as I know, the versions of Win2K include Win2K Pro and Win2K=
 Advanced Server. I believe the home version of Windows 2000 was called=
 Windows ME, except that it's not Win 2000 at all since the operating=
 system used the Windows 98 kernel and just came with extra multimedia=
 garbage.
HTH
Steve

On 12/11/2003 at 10:50 AM David Poehlman wrote:

> [...]
 Then
>you have to contact Microsoft and beg them to re-register your legal copy
>of
>XP Pro. Windows 2000 Pro doesn't have this annoying problem.
>
>6. The performance between the two operating systems is negligible.
>Depending on your hardware configuration you may find that Windows 2000=
 Pro
>is faster, or vice-versa.
>
>In his opinion, Windows 2000 Pro is the better of the two operating
>systems.
>My brother, who is the database administrator for a major Florida electric
>utility company, also said he prefers Windows 2000 Pro over XP Pro.
>
>It's important to note that both Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro
>require
>you to have JFW Professional version.
>
>Regards,
>
>Alan

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting=
 http://www.steve-audio.net